What is Matcha?
Matcha is a powdered form of dried green tea leaves commonly grown in Japan. Leaves are covered to protect them from light during the weeks just before harvesting. By shading the plant the leaves are forced to produce more chlorophyll and in turn more amino acids giving them a very dark green colour. They are laid out flat to dry, steamed and then the leaves are ground into powder.
Some of the amazing ways that matcha can help keep you happy and healthy. Micronutrients in Matcha powder contribute to:
- Strengthens immune system
- Improves heart health
- Boosts energy
- Increases physical endurance
- Enhances mood and improves concentration
- Detoxifies the body
- Calms the mind
- Helps increase metabolism and burn fat
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Helps create a feeling of overall well-being